I think there are five reasons why we’ve never enjoyed reading books on our computers:
- The distance between reader and the text is too large
- Vertical orientation is unnatural for book consumption
- Using a mouse to manipulate position in a book is sterile
- Computer screens aren’t technically optimized for text
- Desktop OSes aren’t optimized for concentration
Posted: April 5, 2010
In 2022, I am participating in two leadership training programs. This should be a social experience, so I am writing about it. Check out the full list of posts in the series here.