To put this [Google Buzz “feature”] in real terms:
• A girl you slept with in college sends you a message on Gchat, to tell you she has five beautiful children now, and that she doesn’t ever think about you, ever. Ok!
• You exchange some messages and a couple emails to be polite. You defuse the situation. You don’t mention it to your current girlfriend, because that would be weird.
• Coincidentally, you enable Google Buzz, which adds both your current girlfriend and this lady who you politely deflected.
• Your girlfriend checks out your Google profile, sees your friends list, and asks you who that lady is.
• You clumsily try to explain, “Oh, it just adds people you talk to automatically,” which only makes things worse.
• You break up, which was probably a good thing anyway, because your relationship sounded really unhealthy. But you get the point, right?
Gizmodo discusses the consequences of the Google Buzz auto-add feature… Check it out here: Google Buzz is a Dirty Snitch
Posted: February 11, 2010