2018 Reading List
Last Updated: January 8, 2018
- The Golem and the Jinni by Helene Wecker
Upcoming (to-be-read, up to 10):
- Lilith’s Brood by Octavia E. Butler
- Evicted by Matthew Desmond
- Hillbilly Elegy by J.D. Vance
- Harry Potter and the Cursed Child by J.K. Rowling
- Profiles in Courage by John F. Kennedy
- Little Sister by David Hewson
- Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis
- Seveneves by Neal Stephenson
- Raising a Modern Day Knight by Robert Lewis
- This book was a Christmas gift. The only compelling thing about it in the end is the idea of Transendent Cause. Otherwise, the approach is hamfisted and misogynistic.
- 1984 by George Orwell
- Shortly after the 45th President was elected, 1984 became a hot commodity, required reading for all concerned citizens. While I agree that there are Orwellian tactics within 45’s repertoire, I am unsure (and will pray daily) that we will ever find ourselves in the distopia that Orwell so deftly crafts. Consider the following phrase when venturing into this book: as depressing as real life. For excerpts of note, see here.